Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy some gorgeous cafes and eating places I've discovered in and around Cape Town

Jul 15, 2012

The real deal Americano!

At last! At last! I found the real deal Americano! Stumbled upon in a pizza place, Primi Piatti in Claremont, and not at any of the coffee shops I've been exploring!  I just knew I had one of these a long time ago and for the life of me could not remember where, and here it was, purely by chance.  A little cameo of presentation perfection - an elegant skinny white serving plate with three in a row : tiny jug of boiling water, same of warm milk, and cup with a shot of espresso. Just the way it should be! Oh the rapture! Only it wasn't for me ... I had ordered a boring decaff because it was late at night and caffeine at that time disturbs my beauty sleep. I could only admire it and inhale a long draught of the aroma, sigh... I didn't have a camera but am determined to go back and get a picture for you. Any excuse for a decadent interlude with one of these darlings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment