Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy some gorgeous cafes and eating places I've discovered in and around Cape Town

Jul 22, 2012

Easy Dig, Sunnydale

I discovered a gem! At last, after a run of ho hum eateries, I stumbled upon this quirky cafe tucked away in a corner of Harry Goemans plant nursery in Sunnydale, on the way to Kommetjie. Why didn't I know about it when I lived in the area, I ask myself!  Karin and I picked a balmy Indian summer afternoon wedged into the icy heart of a cruel week of winter to buy some plants, and decided to grab coffee in the cafe. Being such a gorgeous day the outdoor area was filled up, so we found a spot indoors, at a rustic table which was one of a collection of zany distressed furniture - cupboards, dressers, book shelves - designed by the cafe owner and knocked together by a craftsman  just down the road.

 There's quite a comprehensive menu of breakfasts, lunches and sweet delights, but we weren't hungry and just wanted a shot of caffeine. Karin said her cappuccino was just what the doctor ordered, and my espresso macciato in its tiny cup went right to where it mattered and set me up for the rest of the day. I'm planning to return to re-browse the furniture and try out their munchies. A lovely spot in a peaceful green setting. Open during normal business hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment